Friday, 20 July 2012

Burda 7509


Sorry - super blurry photo taken by my 7 year old.

I made view A


Pattern Description:

Burda "Semi-fitted shirt / T-shirt Camisa" - a bias cut sleeveless top with no closure

Pattern Sizing:

34-46 / 8-20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes - apart from being made in a polka-dot cotton lined with linen rather than a shiny fabric!

Were the instructions easy to follow?

_ Did not use them

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Fast - well it would be if I had not chosen two transparent fabrics so I sewed them together to make one fully lined top! (free hanging hems)

Fabric Used:

poly cotton / cotton? polka dots

white linen

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

1. MNBarb in her review suggested darts in the back neckline to prevent gaping.... I should have done what she suggested!!

2. The pattern seems to come up REALLY large on me.....I made it in linen first and it was a complete TENT.. so I took it in 2 sizes on top and left it huge over my overly ample tum/hips!

3. Used purchased bias binding on armholes rather than the binding cut from self fabric as in the instructions

4. Lined top (so neck edge was not bound- that it where the two layers are joined)



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes - although being cut on the bias this top uses a lot of fabric - I love the bias cut and the wearbility of the top. It is still not perfect... my next attempt will need an adjustment to allow for my broad shoulder to body frame ratio (it pull across my back from armpit to armpit - but fits well everywhere else)

Conclusion:



Lovely fast top- worth another go to perfect the fit for me. AND I busted it out of the stash - YEAH!



Prefer it to some of the other - no fastening tops I have tried recently - still really easy to get on and off, but looks flattering.


When I signed up for the pattern review pattern stash contest, I thought I would be pleased if I bust one pattern. This is pattern 3, so I am THRILLED!


No comments:

Post a Comment