Monday, 9 July 2012

New Look 6483


Pattern Description:


5 easy "1 hour" tops with neckline and sleeve/sleeveless variations. Button closure at top back neck, splits at hips

Pattern Sizing:

6-16

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes made view D

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Very clear - did not need them though

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Very similar to the Sorbetto top, but with a curved back seam and curved side seams. Front darts. Nice neckline options

Fabric Used:

Left over cotton

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Did not use the facing used bias binding as facing instead (you can see it in the picture). I think I used bias that was too wide as I made a complete pigs-ear of this and wished I had used the facings after all!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

No - too tent like on me. though a smaller size might be better (but then would I be able to get it on)...but I prefer some of my other top patterns more which have more shaping and a zip closure or full buttons rather than the looser over the head fit.



I will wear it as a cool summer top (assuming the UK every gets a summer that it!)

Conclusion:

Fast top (if you are not mucking about with bias binding).

Glad to a pattern stash busted this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment