Friday, 27 July 2012

Simplicity 2185


Pattern Description:


Various skirts for woven and for knit fabrics - I made D/E for woven fabrics

Pattern Sizing:

14-22 (in my envelope)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Similar

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Did not use them

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Like - the flowing style with flared hem

Dislike - skirts sits 1" below waist (but I can fix that)

Fabric Used:

Blue linen (did not need a lining)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

-Cut a size 16 but took it in 1.5cm on all seams at the top (I have a small waist in comparision to my hips)

- Cut E 7" longer (or D shorter depending on your point of view) - did not put belt carriers on

- put in an invisible zipper (badly).



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Just about to cut out skirt number two...which will have to be lined as the fabric is fairly sheer

Conclusion:



Lovely design - I really like skirts with swirl and flare.

Next time I will ensure I don't distort the zip when I am ironing the coils (which is what caused the rippling when I inserted it this time).

Sews up pretty quickly. But modifications have to be carefully considered because of the strange shape to the pieces!

Used up a stash pattern and stash fabric - and created a lovely cool skirt for summer! So glad I joined in with the pattern stash contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment