Wednesday, 15 August 2012

B5367 Bag



Pattern Description:


"Four Totes" - essentially just 2 main designs with tweaks. I made "B" with handles from A.

Pattern Sizing:

N/A - but the bag cam eup larger than I imagined, and the pockets smaller....

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes - apart from the fact I did not use any contrast fabric

Were the instructions easy to follow?

I did not need them, but they were not the clearest, a beginner might find them confusing

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

The side pockets which are bigger than the side panel, so that they already have shpe or size to them when made.... I had hoped to fit knitting in them, but they are too low for that

Disklike - pattern suggests use of fashion fabric for lining, therefore could be hard for a complete beginner to work out what to cut out if they need a different lining fabric.

Fabric Used:

Curtain fabric (free from a friend) and some skirt lining for the lining

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Did not use panel 9 - to go across the top of the pocket at the front, fully lined all pockets (rather than just interface and put a top border on which the pattern directs), lined in a contrast fabric rather than the fashion fabric.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I am not sure I would sew A/B again, I might try out D. I will use some of the construction ideas to design my own bag though.

Conclusion:

I made this bag in an evening so it is possible to put it together quite quickly, but the instructions are not the best. Nice shaped bag. No closure so I would want to add either magnetic closure or similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment