Sunday, 20 January 2013

Kwik Sew 2101 Bra



Kwik Sew 2101 with sparkly silver straps... used Sewing Chest plunge underwire Style 20, W34





Pattern Description:


Underwire Bra and garter belt. - I only made the BRA

Pattern Sizing:

Bra 32 /34/36/ A - G, 38 B - DD, garter belt XS - L

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Sort of - but it seems to cover more than in the dubious cover art!

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Fantastic, fabulous, wonderful.. I don't there is a major pattern company that can compete with Kwik Sew instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Diagonal seam cup, partial band, underwire

Fabric Used:

lace, powernet, satin

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Used ready made sparkly straps

Reduced width of back at ends as the closure I had was about 3cm rather than the 4cm needed

Used ready made underwire channelling

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I think this may be my new favourite bra pattern. I might have the reduce the coverage a tiny bit, but this is a great pattern, and will covert well to a padded bra if desired.

Conclusion:



Great pattern which I will be using LOTS more!


 I also think this lace would work better with white fabric rather than black, and since I have more, that will be my next experiment!.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I like the colors you chose, it looks like something you could buy in a store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for a review of this bra pattern and found yours. It's very nice and I'm very grateful for your review. I am waiting for my pattern so hope to get one made soon.

    ReplyDelete