Wednesday, 2 January 2013

New Look 6020

Finished on 31st December 2012 -

New Look 6020


I have been working on this dress for so long that I was throughly fed up with it by the time I finished it.


Pattern Description:


Sun dress with 4 different necklines and 2 different back necklines.

Pattern Sizing:

8-18

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Sort of

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Did not use them

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I liked the princess lines and the neckline varationa

Fabric Used:

Linen

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I had to make so many changes I almost feel I should not be reviewing the pattern. I do have abnormally wide shoulders to the rest of my body, so that is an issue...

I redrafted the bodice section

Cut the skirt section much smaller than the pattern size suggested (it was far too big before)

Did not use a zip - comes on and off over my head fine

Fully lined the bodice

Should have lined the skirt section too!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Maybe - but I was working on this for so long I got fed up with it. So I will not do it anytime soon!

Conclusion:

Don't like facings so lined the bodice

Nice shape to dress and very wearable, I need to do some more work to get fit close enough to need the zip!

Worth a go - but don't put it to the top of your "To Do" pile!! I had a mad push and finished a few things on the "To Do" pile as I did not want to enter 2013 with them still hanging over my head!




Elmer was finished

 and Elmers teddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment