Saturday, 16 February 2013

Colette 0001 Madeleine Bloomers




When will I learn that I am not 18, have not had really slim thighs in about 20000 years, do not have a flat stomach / pert derrière, and do NOT need to add inches to my thighs......?????

So anyway, you can probably guess that the Madeleine bloomers are not for me...

I feel mean complaining about a free pattern ( but clearly not feeling mean enough not to say it anyway)...Like other reviewers mentioned .....the front and back crotch pieces do not match. 

I only turned the waist 1" any more and I really could not wear these... As it is I can only wear these as modesty shorts under a skirt when cycling.

I did not like the sorbetto top when I tried that either ... So maybe Colette patterns are not for me?
Pattern Description:


LOW cut bloomers

Pattern Sizing:

XS - SL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Without the ribbons - vaguely

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Did not need them - but they look clear

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Like - fast and double row of elastic at the top seems like a good idea which I might use for other patterns

Dislike - too low and too much fabric over my front....

Fabric Used:

cotton poplin

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I only turned the waist 1" and put in only one line of elastic - would need to add at least 4" to the height to be able to turn such a deep waist hem... see tutorial on this blog ... if I had seen that blog earlier I might have tried the ideas out....

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

No I will not sew it again, but that is because the pattern and I do not suit- I would recommend it to others...young, slimmer others....

Conclusion:



Fast pattern - got it out of my stash - been downloaded printed and sat in a drawer waiting for ages, so I am glad I whipped it up (in an evening). If I had spent more time on it and made some of the recommended changes I would probably like them more... but I don't think I will try this pattern again.



No comments:

Post a Comment