Saturday, 9 February 2013

Kwik Sew 3299 - Men's T-shirt




I have had Kwik Sew 3299 sitting in the pattern stash for a little while, and last night I cut it out and today I sewed it up! It is a quick and easy project (especially since I have now made so many T-shirts for the boys)... however I totally messed up the neckline. I should have sewn the folded fabric first (to keep the edges together!  This is a Valentines present for my husband so I will not know how well it fits until next week.... but at least it is done marginally ahead of time!

Pattern Description:


Men's T-shirt with short or long sleeves and round or V neck

Pattern Sizing:

S - XL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?

They looked very clear (Kwik Sew always is). I read through them before sewing but did refer to them when making the T-shirt.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Simple T-shirt (and I am too lazy to trace off a design from a current T-shirt).

Dislike - the neckband is too wide.

Fabric Used:

Cotton jersey



Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

made the neckband narrower, also had to make it shorter as my fabric was a little more stretchy.



Use Threads tips which I mentioned in my blog to create neat hems on sleeves and hem using twim needles and a walking foot on my sewing machine.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Am waiting for my husband to try it on, will then check fit and whip up some more!

Conclusion:

Once pattern traced off and cut out- This can be whipped up very fast.. will reserve judgement until it has been worn.. but looks like being a handy staple to me! (once neckband width is adjusted!!)


18th Feb - Need to make 2" longer - hubby 6' tall and likes his T-shirts long.


This scarf is from a Katia Triana yarn,which my secret Santa at work gave me! It knits up really fast as it is not really knitting at all - just looping the holes in the yarn about!

No comments:

Post a Comment