Monday, 18 February 2013

Ottobre 06-2009-25



The smallest size for this pattern is 128, J currently measures closer to 122 for his waist and leg length...but I liked the look of this pattern. I traced it off and cut it out before reading the instructions... which basically say "look at pattern 14 and follow those instructions". Pattern 14 is for sizes 92-122 and the only difference is the lack of pleats on the front.

These are not hemmed yet as I am waiting for J to wake up before I can fit them. However he did try them on ealier today and they seem baggy (not a surprise).. so now I am going to trace of pattern 14!!

I was not sure that I would like the front and back details (pleats and darts), but actually I think that I like them. It make these boring grey school trousers a little more exciting! I did leave off the back welt pocket, but I think I will include that for the next pair, a boy can never have too many pockets....

Pattern Description:


"Narrow pants sewn from stetchy glencheck coruroy.... they have front hip pockets and small pleats at the front waist. There is welt pocket on the left back panel and the waist has belt loops"

Pattern Sizing:

128-170

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes - apart from being in boring grey and not a stretch fabric.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

I did not use them as I have made so many trousers for my boys now. The instructions essentially say "read instructions for pattern 14" as the patterns are similar. The insttructions also send you all over the place

for extra info (pg 45 for fly zipper etc).



For fly zipper try a combination of these:



Threads mag video tutorial (note this is for ladies and needs to be reversed for boys)

OR

picture tutorial here

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Like - wanted to make trousers with slimmer legs that the other patterns I have. These are slimmer legs and look much better

Dislike - none!

Fabric Used:

Cotton drill (dyed grey)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I think I made the fly a little too wide... but that was my error.

No design changes (other than not putting on the back pocket!)

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes - but not until he has grown.. I am going to try No 14 which might fit better.

Conclusion:



I like this pattern and will use it again once my boys have grown into it. Although nearly 8 my eldest is still a "toddler" according to Ottobre and now I know the similar pattern No 14 goes up to 122 I shall try that, as it may be a better fit.

** Edited to add photos of them being worn! - big baggy all over....

No comments:

Post a Comment