Saturday, 9 March 2013

Ottobre 06-2009-14 Trousers


need to put a closure on back welt to stop it pulling open - but like fit in legs - not too wide




Pattern Description: Slim fit cord trousers / pants
Pattern Sizing: 92-122
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes - apart from changes
Were the instructions easy to follow? Brief and not great - but I have made lots of trousers so this was not a problem. I don't like having to go to different pages for more instructions (instructions for welt pockets are later in magazine)
 What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Dislike - no belt loops - but these were easy to add so no problems there Like - slim fit, welt pocket, nice trousers to wear to school
Fabric Used: Cotton drill dyed grey for school
 Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Add belt loops Made waistbans longer and a little wider. Messed up welt pocket....
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes I will sew it again, but the size 122 fits my 8 year old .... next time I need to add 2" to back rise, and I might curve up the hem on the back trouser leg. Apart from that the pattern is great
Conclusion: Great trousers- just need to practice the welt pockets again before making as I messed those up! The welt must be the same size as the lines (which will be the hole).. I made mine too big ..so I folded it over and stitched it down - a bit of a fudge but it works! Another pattern used from Ottobre - great! Will adapt pattern and make again.

*** Also need to put a closure on back welt to stop it pulling open

No comments:

Post a Comment