Sunday, 17 March 2013

Simplicity 2206





Pattern Description: Knit cardigan for stretch fabrics only
Pattern Sizing: 8-18
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Sort of - model has been styled with the huge wide collar VERY carfully folded in half!
Were the instructions easy to follow? Very
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? FAST easy cardigan - now made - I think I would prefer a cardigan which fastens and has pockets....
Fabric Used: Cotton jersey
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: In the toile I used two layers of fabric for the collar piece so that the fact that the wrong side shows would not matter In the black top and re-drafted without the gathers, as I decided the gathers did NOT suit me. I was also lazy and made the whole thing on the overlocker and did not use the proper seam allowances, so then my collar piece was too short - will draft it longer next time...
 Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I would recommend it as a SUPER FAST garment. I can't believe I have had it lying about in the stash so long and not got around to making it... and today I have made 2 in an afternoon!
Conclusion: It suits me better without the gathers (will use the toile/gathered one as a dressing robe!)...might try out some other cardigan patterns with fastening before I make this again. BUT for a fast cardigan to be able to thrown on as an extra layer this is perfect..... did I mention this is fast?? :-)


Good grief - just looked up my order history in my e-mail folder... I actually purchased this onlin in August 2011..... eeek

No comments:

Post a Comment