Friday, 26 April 2013

Burda 8347 - Top B



The blue one has ended up as a "learning curve" toile, as I managed to hack a hole into it, twisted the neckline and basically messed it up. BUT fabric was horrible to touch and had been in stash forever so a sucess!
I did not cut the elastic short enough and stretch it enough - so the neckline is a little baggy on the owl one... I will wear it and see if` it annoys me enough for me to want to do something about it!

Pattern Description:


4 different styles of top I MADE VIEW B

Pattern Sizing:

8-18

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes - apart from my changes

Were the instructions easy to follow?

I did not use them

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Simple FAST summery top (now I just have to hope we GET a summer in hte UK!)

Fabric Used:

Cotton

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

1. Used FOE Fold Over Elastic to bind the neckline and armholes ( as per SO Zohere)2. Decreased length by 2"

3. Raised neckline 1 1/2"

4. Flared out at the hips

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Well I have 2 wearable garments now.. and I will make more. I would recommend it

Conclusion:

Lovely fast top (especially if using FOE rather than bias binding and elastic). Draping soft fabrics neede to get best effect - ensure elastic gathers the neckline up enough to prevent it being baggy


No comments:

Post a Comment