Monday, 6 May 2013

Simplicity 2451 - SKIRT


I used up lots of pale blue polka dot cotton for the lining - it is so fine and see through it was not suitable for a top.. when I have used it for a top, I used it over linen.....

The colour of the wool is a more teal but it does not show up in the photo.



So everyone and the kitchen sink seems to have made Simplicity 2451 in one design or another. I think I first really noticed it on So Zo's blog, well over a year ago.  I bought the pattern a LONG time ago, and finally made the skirt yesterday!

I need to get a shot of me wearing it.
Pattern Description:


Skirts in 2 lengths and 2 designs

Pattern Sizing:

12-20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Apart from my changes yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Did not use them

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Long flowing skirt - like the flared design.

Fabric Used:

Wool with cotton lining

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

did not use pockets (just drafted side fronts with pocket cut out added back on)

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes - planning to make another today!

Conclusion:

Lovely flowing skirt. Make sure you clip curved to get a smooth finish - (unlike my front yoke!)


PLUS made using stash pattern AND stash fabric! (about 5m of fabric out of stash).

No comments:

Post a Comment