Monday, 24 June 2013

Kwik Sew 2547 - coat for O

View C with sleeves from A/B, plus self drafted hood, plus welt pockets...
Using Metric pattern cutting for childrenswear by Alricht to draft the hood
Inside the coat - Dinosaurs
Welt pockets
Using the last bit of twill/drill left from stash to create the pockets... was a bit of a guess, and I had to piece a bit onto the edge to finish the pocket. I MUCH prefer the welt pockets to the kangaroo pouch pockets.... this coat that I had created is a bizarre mix of tailored details and fast methods!



Pattern Description:


OOP pattern - Toddler pull-over jacket, vest and pants

Pattern Sizing:

T1 -T4

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

No - but that is because I made lots of changes

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Did not use - but that is because I have used this pattern millions of times (almost)... and I was making lots of changes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Nice basic pattern to change as necessary

Fabric Used:

Cotton cord, cotton jersey, cotton twill/drill

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:



I made View C WITH sleeves from view A/B

I added a self-drafted hood

I made welt pockets rather than the pouch pockets

I fully lined it

I added ribbing cuff to sleeves and hem.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I have made this lots of time, but will probably only get a little more use out of it as I have to size T4... which is what I used this time. But this pattern has seen solid use since I got it in 2009....

Conclusion:



Lovely basic pattern to use in a variety of different ways bodywarner bodywarmer for o (first one) more versions another version

No comments:

Post a Comment