Friday, 14 June 2013

New Look 6570 - skirt

Finally used up this stash fabric. The fabric was brought at the same time as the fabric for this skirt, so it has been in the stash at least a year and a half. Think my husband will collapse with the shock when he sees it as a skirt..

I used New Look 6570 again - but I added 5" to the length - I would have added 6" but I did not have enough fabric for that.

Pattern Description:


Jacket (with and without collar), trousers, cami top, skirt. I made SKIRT "D"

Pattern Sizing:

10-22

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes - but did not really need them

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Nice shape - flared/gored skirt

Fabric Used:

Mystery "zigzag plush" stuff and synthetic taffeta lining.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

1. Added 5" to the length (it would have been 6" but I did not have enough fabric)

2. Added a lining

3. Put in an invisible / concealed zipper not a lapped zipper



***Not really an alteration... but this has LOTS of ease - my hip measurements would put me at an 18 but I sewed a 16 (which has 3" ease), the 16 fits really well. So take care with sizing ****



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

This is the second time I have sewn it so I think I will try some other patterns from the stash before using this again... but I do want to try the jacket next....

Conclusion:

Well worth having this pattern!

Picture of the first skirt on my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment