Wednesday, 12 June 2013

New LooK 6570

Fabric AND pattern stash busting!!
Pattern Description:


Wardrobe pattern with trousers, skirt, top and jacket. I made D - SKIRT

Pattern Sizing:

10-22

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes- except the skirt appears longer in the pattern envelope

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes - did not use them much though

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

lovely flared gored skirt - quick and easy

It is unlined but for this fabric that is not a problem. The next skirt I make will be fully lined - I will not need the twill tape at the waist if I am lining.

Fabric Used:

The rest of the cotton twill/drill? from making these shorts - fabric stash busting

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Flared from 14 at waist to 16 at hips

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes I will sew it again, but I plan to make it about 6" longer before making it up again.

Yes I would recommend it

Conclusion:



This was not really the right fabric (too stiff) for a lovely flowing flared gored skirt... but I was testing out the pattern and using up the stash. I have the fabric ready for the next skirt (something which has been in the stash for over a year).

No comments:

Post a Comment