Saturday, 8 June 2013

simplicity 4220 - Bag



This is the second time I have made this bag, and this time I added an internal zipper pocket. The first bag does not have one and I really feel it needs one. Next time I made the made I shall adapt the pattern so I can make the whole bag close with a zip.

Using up Batik from stash, yellow stash fabric and hand printed and embroidered (by me) fabric from stash!! Horray!


Pattern Description:


Pattern from Dress, Skirt, top, trousers and BAG - I made the bag

Pattern Sizing:

8-16

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

I would rather it did not - the pattern envelope is horrible.....

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Did not use them

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Lovely shape to bag - panels to add interest

Fabric Used:

Cotton

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Added zipped pocket in lining

Added hard base

Added volume fleece to handles

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

This is the second time I have sewn it and I will certainly sew it again

Conclusion:

I really like this bag pattern, though I think it needs an internal pocket (which I added). I also might adapted the pattern to have a closure (zipper or magnetic?)




No comments:

Post a Comment