Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Buttercup Bag



Fat 1/4 of quilting cotton - really needs to be supported by strong interfacing - or furnishing weight fabric used in the first place!!

Tiny bag

This is my final entry for Fabric Stash Contest 2013, bringing my total to 21.25m sewn for the contest and just over that sewn during the two months... so have cast a quick glance over my fabric stash .. I think I must have enough fabric for 2 years of sewing...




Buttercup Bag free tutorial and pattern from Made By Rae.



This is a lovely pattern which a quick "images" google will show that everyone except me had already made this. There is a hige variety of options and it will be good to experiment. I think I would prefer a zip on my next one - but at least I have finally put in a magnetic clasp (that was easy!)



I put the handle in while sewing the lining to the outer so that the ends of the handles are hidden inside the bag. I might try the bigger size, but the small size is perfect for just a phone and tissues and some money (my fantasy world where I don't need a change of children clothes / wet wipes / colouring-in books etc in my bag)



Great gift idea, and I will certainly make more.



FABRIC WEIGHT - I used interfaced quilting cotton but really it is a bit limp - should have either used stiff interfacing OR a furnishing weight fabric to make the bag.



EXTRAS - I really like the version I have seen with covered buttons and rows of buttons as decoration ... and the ones with piping - more ideas to try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment