Tuesday, 9 July 2013

The Perfect Pyjama.. 21 fun and cute designs....





The Perfect Pyjama by K Nilsson and J Pirtle
The book claims to have "21 funs and cute designs"

Really it is only:
 2 childrens designs (basic pattern lengthened shortened / made up in girlie style / made up in boy style
5 ladies designs (basic pattern lengthened or shortened /  made up in different farbic / variations shown)
1 man's set  (scaled up from similar version to child / lady)
Hot water bottle cover
Eye mask
Laundry bag
Slippers


There are 2 basic childrens designs with some lovely variations shown. The women have 5 basic designs, men 1....




The instructions are brief and show a poor method for sewing the Pj bottoms. The better (less likely to get it wrong method ) is on page 58/59 for the Sophisticated Sunday set, BUT the book suggests sewing the elastic together by hand and sewing the casing closed by hand... WHY? Use the machine - the rest of the garment has been made by machine.



The are no size guides as to what S, M, L means.



However for a quick and easy PJ bottom pattern it is fine (I will draft some changes for my second pair). Since I paid £2.81 after P & P it is worth it!.. But I would not pay full price.



The patterns ARE full size but the tracing off is not clear and goes over more than one page without marking clear join / overlap lines

Pattern Description:


This is from the book The Perfect Pyjama Pattern "Sophisticated Sunday"

Pattern Sizing:

S M L etc with no indication of what that means

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

No - but that is because I was too lazy to sew trim on etc

Were the instructions easy to follow?

No they were dreaful including suggesting sewing elastic and casing by hand..

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Simple PJ pattern to try out - full size patterns to trace off (none of this "photocopy 231%" nonsense)

Childrens, ladies and one mans pattern included, variations on themes shown

Fabric Used:

Linen (leftovers from another project)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

Well I only had enough for the shorts so I made those - but they are an odd length.. board shorts length

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes I will sew it again but I will change the back rise before I do.



Conclusion:

Worth a try but I am less keen to trace off the childrens designs - think I will stick to Ottobre... did not fill me with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment