Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Simplicity 1562 - dressing gown / Bath robe

The Simplicity 1562 pattern in ONE envelope contains a pattern for children's size XS - L , and adult XS - XL. So you can sew a dressing gown for everyone in the family  using just one pattern.

Now I know that yellow is not a particularly sensible / practical choice for a dressing gown.... but it is his favourite colour and a special request....& for his birthday

I made the size CHILD medium BUT with large  pockets, belt and 6" added to the length of the sleeve. The belt loops and pockets had to be moved down 2 1/2". I sewed it in fleece and did not interface the collar but I DID interface the pockets to stablise them and stop them stretching out of shape while being sewn.

It is a relatively quick make, I blind hemmed the facing down (as suggested by a review on Pattern Review) as this stops it flapping about and being annoying!

He loves it - the length is perfect... a total WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment